Sunday, August 23, 2009

Intolerance and misuse of religion

Question: As with many issues, I've never read about problems concerning this in Buddhism or Hinduism -- do they EVER do anything controversial? I've never read anyone attacking them except fundamentalists from other religions. But I'm not well versed in Eastern religions or affairs, so maybe it's just not reported in the Western sources I read.

Answer: Intolerance and misuse of religion for evil purposes is not limited to a few religions. Great misery is cast upon humans by humans..... some events of not so distant a past: Gujrat Pogrom, Ayodhya . You may wish to check them out.
PS: This is not meant as an insult or injury to any Hindus on this group. All I'm trying to point out is that there are extremists all over, people who will misuse religion to perpetrate evil and terror, and they will use any religion as long as they can achieve their goals and objectives.

No comments: