Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Stop Communicating or/and Keep Reminding

HD wrote: 
Madam Samiya saheba
AA 
I am really flabbergasted to note that you took so long to realize the real worth of this group who are terrorizing Muslims.  I do not know what kind of Muslims they are.  In stead of spreading brotherhood, peace and love they are declaring each others as  Kafirs and friends of Shaitan. ... you should immediately stop communicating with this group and do something more productive. 
Best regards

My Reply:
Brother H., 
Walaikumsalam and thank you for your kind advise. I did not request to be added to this email list nor was my consent requested before adding my email to this list. Moreover, I do not know anybody on this list. However, since I found myself copied, I tried to keep my duty, as explained below. 
I started receiving emails from this group from 6 August 2015 when SA copied me on an email. The next day, I started receiving another email thread on which D initially copied me. I was quite relieved when I stopped receiving emails after I had quoted Dr. Zakir Naik's research of Hindu scriptures on 13 August 2015. However, on 18 August 2015, I again started receiving emails when IS copied me on his email, where he rightly quoted the relevant verses of the Quran which make payment of Haq Mehr obligatory upon Muslims. 
It saddens and worries me to see the eagerness and haste of some members on this email list to declare those who did not agree with them as kafirs, even though voices of sanity are quoting relevant verses from the Quran and secondary sources. 
However, those who take upon themselves to declare others kafir are also quoting Quranic verses and other sources, and vainly arguing and debating. It seems that they are either very confused between Quran (primary source of guidance for a Muslim) and other sources, or they are deliberately invoking controversial and/or false doctrines to create confusion and dissension. 
Trying to obey the guidance in Quran 4:140 and Quran 6:68, I try not to participate in the arguments. However, Quran 6:69 informs us of the responsibility of the God-conscious to remind. Hence, I posted my views earlier, and recently the write-up about Muslim Intolerance. I do not know whether I'm keeping my duty by reminding or transgressing by not remaining completely silent. I hope and pray that Allah guides me to better conduct and graciously accepts it of me.  
Chapter 41 of the Quran is titled Fussilat [Explained in Detail]. Verses 33-36 of the chapter are quite inspirational for patiently inviting others: 
And who is better in speech than one who invites to Allah and does righteousness and says, "Indeed, I am of the Muslims." And not equal are the good deed and the bad. Repel [evil] by that [deed] which is better; and thereupon the one whom between you and him is enmity [will become] as though he was a devoted friend. But none is granted it except those who are patient, and none is granted it except one having a great portion [of good]. And if there comes to you from Satan an evil suggestion, then seek refuge in Allah . Indeed, He is the Hearing, the Knowing. 
[Translator: Sahih International http://quran.com/41/33-36
May Allah guide us all. Amen.  
Samiya 

No comments: